• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air leak Hard start in the morning.

• Owner

I could school you up in what I know for the 24V programming I do. Timing is a neat animal to work with. :burnout2:

Quick tidbit just remember more you retard easier to build boost. More you advance the more you burn the fuel in the cylinder but you have to be careful. I monitor my oil temp being that if your over advanced you will gain heat in the oil because you flood the cylinder jacket with heat with fire burning on the cylinder walls. Optimally you should be about -30°F cooler than coolant temperature. This will provide the best bang for the buck for daily drivers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I had a new FelPro 9522PT with new head studs and it failed within a 1k miles, but I think it was too much timing on the Quadzilla tune that I was running at the time. 

I swapped over to a Cometic MLX head gasket # COMC5855-067. I didn't have any more issues after that.

5 hours ago, 01_Cummins_4x4 said:

I had a new FelPro 9522PT with new head studs and it failed within a 1k miles, but I think it was too much timing on the Quadzilla tune that I was running at the time. 

I swapped over to a Cometic MLX head gasket # COMC5855-067. I didn't have any more issues after that.

Wow, what were your timing numbers? 

• Owner
7 hours ago, 01_Cummins_4x4 said:

You can run quite a bit of timing as long as the boost is near zero. No more than 5 PSI for above about 22 to 23 degrees.

• Like 2

• Owner

Again another example I can run 26 to 27 degrees of cruise timing at 2,000 RPM but I'm always below 5 PSI of boost. This is why I monitor my engine oil temperature because to advanced engine oil temperature will rise up past coolant because the amount of flame on the cylinder walls. Also watch engine load numbers it will rise because of negative torque.