• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking for issues before buying tuner

• Staff

When cleaning grounds I think it is best to use Dielectric grease as opposed to painting them. Additional note about Dielectric grease, it is interesting that the OHM meter will show that it does not conduct electricity but, it does however prevent corrosion by protecting the metals. That is why I like to use the grease that has copper mixed in the grease. I Forget what that stuff is called, if someone could chime in. I took mine back after finding that I paid 75 bucks for a small bottle of it at Platt Electric. Another member found it much less expensive somewhere on line. I think it was W-T. That man knows his way around electricity and why God made it to behave the way it does. :thumb1:

• Owner

Just a heads up to reply back to @JAG1

The only reason I promote the painted metal versus grease cover bare metal. Being in Idaho we use a lot of salt on the highways and exposed metals disappeared rather quickly. This is because so many people scrub off a huge area of exposed metal and now the salt water will rinse grease and oil off rather well and shortly after 2 to 3 years that ground isn't hooked up at all because the entire area is stripped of paint has now rusted away, just gone. Happens more than you realize.