• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

IAT Sensor wiring diagnosis

• Staff

My ScanGauge2 is showing my IAT constantly at -40F. I just installed a brand new IAT sensor, with no change. Since it's reading -40f constantly, is that an indication that it has a bad ground wire?

I have the IAT sensor trouble code showing until I can get this fixed.

Thanks!

• Staff

I lucked out on this. Previous owner had messed with the sensor connector and the positive wire pin wasn't contacting the sensor pin. 

I ended up cutting both wires so that the pins could lock into the connector, and then I connected them back to the two wires. Now my IAT sensor is working correctly again.