• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drove the truck to work last week, noticed the truck vibrating at 60mph.  It went away when I sped up to get on the interstate.  When I left work I noticed it at 35mph and went away by 40.  It was off and on at 60 on the rest of the way home.  Under load or coasting didn’t seem to matter either. It doesn’t feel like it’s in the steering, just through the rest of the truck.   I did check the rear drive shaft and everything felt tight.  I had the front and rear shafts rebuilt and balanced when the trans was built about 50k miles ago.   The only thing I know is a little worn is my track bar,  was mentioned when I had the trans serviced last year.    The heat has kept me from doing any real investigating so thankfully it’s not a daily driver.   Just trying to think of something that makes sense as I really thought it would have been a drive shaft issue. 

I didn’t notice any missing weights, I jacked up all four corners and everything is tight.  I retorqued all the wheels to 120ft/lbs although they were all still tight.   I figure I can have the tires rebalanced just in case and get the truck on some jack stands and watch the drive shaft spin around to see if it’s out of focus. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...