• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trip to Nashville, TN

ISX

On the way down I went all the way down I55 down the side of Missouri all the way to the boothill. I recall Dorkweed showing me it was flat and I just couldn't believe how flat it actually is. You could literally trash the level and build your house making sure it was equal length above ground on all sides and it would be level :lol:

I got some pics and 2 of them have this green crap that seems to be a parasite. I don't know if anyone has seen the new (older now I guess) GI Joe movie where the bomb makes everything have that grassy stuff on it before eating it all away, but this stuff was just like that. It covered EVERYTHING. The ground, the trees, it engulfed it. I have no idea what it is.

Another pic is the weird trees I saw in this one spot. At the bottom they flare out like a xmas tree stand does for the xmas tree.

I will put the pics on here but I don't think you can see much so I will also put the links on here and then the pics will pop up full size and you can see everything.

http://www.mopar1973man.com//isx97/Tennessee/IMG_2519.JPG

http://www.mopar1973man.com//isx97/Tennessee/IMG_2520.JPG

http://www.mopar1973man.com//isx97/Tennessee/IMG_2521.JPG

http://www.mopar1973man.com//isx97/Tennessee/IMG_2522.JPG

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think those were somewhere around Jackson, TN.

Those weeds/vines/whatever encompassed everything. I didn't get pics of all the times I saw it but there were sections of about 500x500ft where that crap had taken over, and I am talking a forest section.. The trees were completely engulfed along with the ground and everything else, I saw nothing but that stuff, it was insane.

They had a lot of cotton down there, a LOT. There wasn't an inch of ground without a cotton plant on it it seemed. They had this big blocks in the fields that were how they "baled" the cotton. They were huge though, maybe 40ft long. They had special machines that picked them up and loaded them on the truck.

Posted Image

I was actually heading to Lyles. Which is 40 min from you from what I can tell :lol:We went friday late and got halfway and got a hotel. Then we went the other half and came back home saturday. Lot of neat land down there. Your leaves are changing a lot better than ours are.

Sure is a big difference from your part of "Missery" ain't it??!!!:stuned: Most of the water that falls on the MO Ozarks etc., drains out to the Big Muddy through the boot heel. The only way they can farm it, is to canal the landscape. Believe it or not, that area is "meth central" as far as making the ____. There's a lot of "weird" folks down at the 24 hour fuel stops at 3:30AM when we're getting our coffee and such before heading out to the fields.:stuned:

Sure is a big difference from your part of "Missery" ain't it??!!!:stuned: Most of the water that falls on the MO Ozarks etc., drains out to the Big Muddy through the boot heel. The only way they can farm it, is to canal the landscape. Believe it or not, that area is "meth central" as far as making the ____. There's a lot of "weird" folks down at the 24 hour fuel stops at 3:30AM when we're getting our coffee and such before heading out to the fields.:stuned:

I believe the green leafy stuff id SUMACK, might have spelled it wrong. It is all over Alabama. I don't have a clue what it is good for.