• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

best fuel filter

Now not always is the data online the correct data did you get your info directly from a tech because I have ran into times where they had the wrong info on the website. I am not trying to argue but it pays for me to know and when I have questions I genrally get my answers from the experts or tech guys and if I am not getting the correct answers my costomers need to know!! I appreciat the info!!

• Staff

Now not always is the data online the correct data did you get your info directly from a tech because I have ran into times where they had the wrong info on the website. I am not trying to argue but it pays for me to know and when I have questions I genrally get my answers from the experts or tech guys and if I am not getting the correct answers my costomers need to know!! I appreciat the info!!

Like I said I have called multiple times and verified it. They give me the same data as on the website, and when I tell them that the OE spec is 7um absolute, they say "Were 7um nominal, thats the same thing" Then we get in a discussion about absolute, nominal, and beta ratios and they still claim its as good or better, even thou they just told me the website is correct and its 8um absolute. I remind them that the OE filter is 7um absolute and 5um at 96%, where they publish (and verify) 8um absolute and 6um at 95%, both primary and secondary ratings being worse than stock. They then go we are 7um nominal, its the same. This is where I get frustrated, all the evidense is presented, all the specs are there. Nominal is NOT absolute, yet Wix seems to think so.

--- Update to the previous post...

Just called again. Same story as always.

Me:What are the filter specs?

W: 7um, with 8um at 98.7%, and 6um at 95%.

Me:Okay so OEM is 7um at 98.7%, so this doesn't meet OE spec.

W: Well we tested it and it does.

Me:Really? How can you say that when OEM is 7um at 98.7% and 5um at 96%.

W: Do you know how small a micron is?

Me: Yes, and 8 is more than 7, do you know that?

Me: Okay, thanks for the info. Verifies it doesn't meet OEM spec.

W: Well our engineers disagree.

Me: Well their data disagrees

Same story every time. Based on the published specs, and not what the phone rep thinks the engineers must have meant, its does not meet OE spec and should not be used in HPCR allplications.