• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

All I can do it cry...

that is what happens if someone is fixin to get it repoed....should jerk there lincese from them.:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

That's very possible; but more likely, IMHO, is that's what happens when Daddy is there to cover any repair costs!!!! In my best Forrest Gump voice..........."Stupid is, as stupid does.":cookoo::cookoo::banghead::banghead:

You guys all act like you have never seen a ranch pickup before, That was a really common site when I worked at the truck shop years back. Not uncommon to find near new vehicles look like that within a years time. If you go to farm and ranch auctions you can pick up rigs that look just like that all the time around my area. As far as the second video that is fairly common also. All it takes for a filter to get that dirty is to fill up at a station at the same time the tanker is filling their tanks. It stirs up all the dirt in the tank and then you directly pump it into your tank. CR engines are known for spitting rods when the piston melts down due to bad injectors.

• Owner

You guys all act like you have never seen a ranch pickup before, That was a really common site when I worked at the truck shop years back. Not uncommon to find near new vehicles look like that within a years time. If you go to farm and ranch auctions you can pick up rigs that look just like that all the time around my area. As far as the second video that is fairly common also. All it takes for a filter to get that dirty is to fill up at a station at the same time the tanker is filling their tanks. It stirs up all the dirt in the tank and then you directly pump it into your tank. CR engines are known for spitting rods when the piston melts down due to bad injectors.

Not at least for all the rig I've worked on out here... Maybe at the worst the dogs have scratch the bed sides up from hanging over the rim...

Not at least for all the rig I've worked on out here... Maybe at the worst the dogs have scratch the bed sides up from hanging over the rim...

You must have seen all my vehicles.:cry: The driver side of my wifes VW is so scratched up from the Dogs running out to greet her when she gets home its sickening and both my pickups have the box and tail gate scratched up pretty bad from that also. But I wouldn't change that for the world, paint is replaceable the life experiences that the companionship of good dogs is not.

Yeah I am not seeing the problem with the first vid. Just about all the trucks look like that around here. They usually do it with older stuff but if you got the money then why not mud it in style. I know people who do the barb wire around the tire thing but that isn't exactly abuse when you can't see the barb wire half the time. Barb wire gets thrown around and you never know where it is till you run over it.

• 3 weeks later...

Woring on a ranch, two of the owners trucks go into the shop more often than most people take thiers in in a life, and the trucks are only about two years old. Trying to keep a ranch truck up and running for any length of time is near impossible, I spend about 95% of my time out on the desert, gravel roads, dirt roads or just going over brush. The bosses trucks have several lights on for abs, remote tire pressure sensors, abs and the like. We do not have a/c, power window or door locks. They are about as plain jane as possible, we are lucky to have a radio. The truck in the first video is a lot nicer than any truck we have out here, even the new truck we have. Today I had to move some cows, the "gravel" road that I had to pull the stock trailer down was so slick that half the time I was fish tailing. Like other have posted, out on the ranch or farm the work has to get done, some might call it abuse but if it is snowing or raining and the cows need to be fed there is not much chioce but to use the truck as a 'work truck'. Not all truck I guess will stay nice looking, I hope to keep my personal truck as clean as possible for as long as possible, but then again I have my work truck to go out and 'abuse' and the boss is alright with it.