• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

We here in Cali will be missing out on the good stuff, can we say C.A.R.B.

I have A CAT also :(

Man your all screwed up arn't you... :confused: Well I'm sure if you did there has to be goodies for your truck and keeping it smog legal... Or the other way is to have 2 exhaust systems. Stock one for CARB inspections and the performance one for the rest of the year...

The SS system I put on... one size larger from the turbo back... it came with a muffler. The muffler is straight through with just a few louvers in the pipe. But it is a "muffler" for those places that require one, and it's SS also so it will not rot out quickly. Being full diameter all the way to the tailpipe it is much less restrictive than stock where the tail pipe was 1/2" smaller diameter than the head pipe. It has plenty of bark...Russ

• 3 months later...

Would you say a 4" is better or a 5" pipe? I like em loud. Dont bother me one bit. Right now I am running a 3" straight pipe. I want to upgrade but not sure if I want a 4" or 5" pipe. I do want to keep the drone down. What are the pros and cons on these 2 exhaust systems?

• 6 months later...

I really like the sound of my exhaust (4" turbo back, full length, straight through "muffler") running light... However, the new-to-us 30' camper has all the aerodynamics of a brick. Under load, the noise in the cab makes conversation impossible except by shouting. Shouting did no good because wifee was wearing ear plugs on the return trip. I'm going to have to quiet it some.

I don't know if this the right place for this question, but I read in another thread that the turbo on a 24v has a small 9cm outlet and this could be replaced with a 12cm. a buddy of mine has a 96 12v which has a 12cm stock. He said that a 16cm is the ideal size anybody know the veracity of any of these statements?

• Owner

The HY35 Turbo has a 9cm2 exhaust housing... The HX35 Turbo has a 12cm2 ehaust housing... A 16cm2 exhaust housing would be a good upgrade for someone around 450-500 HP. It would bring down the EGT's. But upgrade to early and you'll have a laggy turbo and lots of smoke. Remember it takes fuel to spool a turbo.