• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I know my VP44 is on the way out, but I was wondering if installing an airdogII now would hurt anything. I think I'll go with the AirdogII because I like the idea of the adjustable regulator. Does FASS offer anything that's adjustable? I'm still hoping the vp44 makes it to spring. :pray:

if the pump is on the way out...see if you can find a combo deal...buy airdog/fass and save on VP44.i a have always thought my VP44 is going out. when changing the fuel filter for the first time, the lift pump could not fill the canister. i thought that was normal(i didn't know any better at the time). i drove like the for 3-4 months before i found out otherwise and could afford a $500 pump. god only knows how long the Previous Owner drove under that condition. he even said, "i always keep a spare fuel filter under the seat. when it fills weak, i pull over and change it." i have been running the airdog 150 for 2 years and have never had a problem yet. the VP44 feels weaker than ever but drives and works 6 days a weak. at ~195k i don't think the VP44 has ever been changed(still the factory one)

Me too, knock wood, my vp44 has been throwing the 0216 code since I had her for 2 1/2 years. I don't drive it everyday but that was at 164k & i now have 188K. I finally have an Air Dog Raptor on it's way today, I'm hoping. My problem is the timing gear, at 50-55 I have to back pedal once usually & it's fine. I've been babying mine though, but I do use it to pull a small horse trailer & for haulin hay in the summer.I believe mine is an original as well. When I got my computer re-flashed last June of 09 at a Dodge dealer, he said these VP44's are stronger than most guys give them credit for. I to ran mine w/ a lp going weak. I did not know what my lil red low pressure fuel light was for. Thought it was for letting know that my turbo was at full pressure at WOT, that's how stupid I was. I kept asking gus & no one knew what the light was for. So stupid is as stupid duz for me. How bad was that? So mine is still going, & it has not taken a turn for the worse. It cranks right over as soom as i touch the key. Even if I have not driven it for a week or more, hot or cold. Yersterday morning was 22F, so fingers still crossed here.Dave

It won't hurt anything, and my prolong the inevitable.

Yep, that's the way I look at it! I plan on keeping her for a long time, so I just address the situationas it comes up. It sits in the garage 90% of the time at least, so I'm not wearing out parts that way!