• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No bus and gauges not working

So yesterday I was driving in winter like conditions, busted through two snow drifts, shortly after that my dash went dead except the tach. 'No bus' was displayed in the odometer and my over head consol had 'CCd'. I was able to get to a small town only about 70 miles from home before the batteries gave out. I just put on an ecm and pcm from a 99 manual, so I am not sure if the ecm gave out or if it might be an electrical issue? I tried to read the codes with my Smarty but it seems that it can not find the ecm, it just keeps telling me to turn the key off then turn the key on. I do have a down load on the Smarty so I am also wondering if the ecm is toast is there any way to unlock the Smarty with since it is vin locked to the ecm? Any help or advise will be appreciated. I was able to get the truck home today, so I will be able to charge the batteries and tinker with it in my spare time. Thanks, Jonathan.

The same thing happened to me after I replaces a battery and it wouldn't start, just cranked and had no fuel. A ground wire off of the negative terminal came loose out of the terminal on the passenger side. I'd bet money it's the same thing on yours when you mentioned replacing the batteries. Check all your ground wires on both batteries and make sure everything is good and tight and all the connections are tight and clean. If you find a loose wirer and get it all tightened up you'll know immediately if that was the problem becuase the CCD inthe display will disappear. Try that first before you worry about the ECM.

• 2 weeks later...

So I crawled under the truck, even though I had the pigtails for the auto stuck up out of the way, and since I can not change out the auto wiring for the manual wiring, the pigtails had been crushed by the snow and appearently shorted out the PCM. I switched PCM's and almost everything is back to working. I do not have the average mpg or the distance to empty on my overhead. Not sure if I shorted out the PCM for good or if it will be able to be repaired? Just wonder who to send it too to have it fixed?