• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Programmers

Almost all will clear the key cycle counter back to zero when changing program back to stock except for smarty. That is how easy it is for them to see it had a programmer installed. Smarty doesn't leave any traces behind either as superchips will leave markers behind in the ecm programming and they can see that also. Take the superchip and throw it as far into the weeds as possible and don't look back, I have seen more issues that they cause versus good they do.

Well, my issue is that I had the dealer turn the high idle on. Then after putting the Superchip back on the high idle doesn't work.So I'm thinking about taking it back and have them turn it back on for me again. I'm sure the dealer is going to be wondering why I'm back and why it isn't working. At $90 a pop I guess it's either the high idle or the Superchip, so yes I'm not going to be using the Superchip anymore............

• Owner

The only programmer I think is good is the Smarty... But even then its limited to 60-65HP for us 2nd Gen 24V trucks... For the money spent on a SuperChip or Smarty you get a better range of power control with a Quadzilla or Edge product... Not to mention the QZ/Edge is adjustable on the fly so you don't need to plug in anything... Sad to see you lost you flash over a programmer... :duh: