• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

hello

i would like to wish all of yall a merry christmas. i just spent chrsitmas eve rebuilding my fornt end. had it not been for joining this forum and getting to know yall i probably would not have done it myself. jsut a big thank you to all af you and have a very merry christmas. psif any of you came by a spare garage that nobody needs, tell ill take it, its a real pita doing all of this in a gravel drive way.

• Owner

my back is a little weak after crawling around on the ground today. i thought your back was the tranny jack. you hold it up while i unbolt it.:lmao: now thats funny.

WTF? :stuned::doh: No I don't think I qualify for that but I'm sure I can find enough jacks and straps to low the trans down without fighting to bad... I know next time I'm pulling the transfer case off...:smart:

drove my truck a little while ago. it was pulling to the right. now the steering wheel is pointed the the right and pretty touchy. i need to adjust it some until i can get it to an alignment shop. i am thinking the wheels need to be toed in slightly. do you know how much or something i can do temporarily?

• Owner

As for toe adjustments I've taken 2 straight 2x4x8 and measure out center at 4 foot and strapped then to the wheels and measured toe on the front and back tips of the boards and adjusted as close to the same measurement on both. This will work in a pinch but I still would suggest you put it on the rack and adjusted right...

As for toe adjustments I've taken 2 straight 2x4x8 and measure out center at 4 foot and strapped then to the wheels and measured toe on the front and back tips of the boards and adjusted as close to the same measurement on both. This will work in a pinch but I still would suggest you put it on the rack and adjusted right...

i was thinking about doing by string lining the tires, just like do in NASCAR, in a pindh. definately will take to a shop as soon as i can find one open. i dont think this weekend will be a good time for that.:shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

i was thinking about doing by string lining the tires, just like do in NASCAR, in a pindh. definately will take to a shop as soon as i can find one open. i dont think this weekend will be a good time for that.:shrug:

I have used the string method a lot on off road vehicles. It should get you close until you can get it in. Just give it a small amount of toe in.