Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On the fleetguard filter it say right there on the filter "After the filter makes contact tighten another 3/4 of turn." So I mark the lip of the filter with a permanent marker on the lip facing the firewall so when I finish tighten the filter the mark should be facing me at the passenger fender. Then I know if the filter is getting loose or other wise...

thats another good tid-bit :) My uncle always flushed the oil changes with anoher 50% of new oil. eg if a 10 quart change he would let 5 quarts go through first to help clean out old oil ... and then add the 10 quarts. Was re-looking at that frantz stuff today - man I would seriously consider that if I was going to keep her more than 2012. :) Good concept and cheap.

speaking of extra filtering systems...the fs-2500 is a awesome product.last time i called them up..there is a fella that drives big rigs for a living.....he had over 400,000 miles on the same oil:stuned:that is a big savings for him..what does a engine oil change run in something like that?http://filtrationsolutionsww.com/index.html

AROUND 175.00 using DELO and Donaldson or Luberfiner Filters IF YOU DO IT YOURSELF.....TRUCK LUBES OR TRUCKSTOPS USUALLY AROUND 225.00+ ADD+ 25.00 IF YOU CHANGE BOTH FUEL FILTERS Richie