• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Delo Oil

I heard CAT was running this - or someone ....... any good ?? Its pretty cheap right ? Specific one or just the walmart one ?? Also - I wanna stay away from FRAM at walmart - but they do a MOPAR 280 filter or something ..... can that be used ?? Any good ?? Or stay away ......(Can't do oil change at my RV park -> so thinking of just taking to wallyworld ......) :shrug:Seems to be DELO/ROTELLA/QUAKER for around $45 +tax ..... including filter .... (fram/mopar)

I use Delo. It was 11 bucks a gallon at ealmart last week. I get my oil filters from cummins. I like the statopore ones. Geno's garage is a good place to get them if you need them mailed to you. I do commando oil changes in parking lots all the time. I don't want anybody touching my truck I don't know.

• Like 1

• Owner

I don't want anybody touching my truck I don't know.

I heard that... Personaly if the plug isn't out for at least 2-4 HOURS I'm not happy... I want to give mine all the time I can to allow it to dip in the bucket so the oil change is fresh as possible. Now I've done a few rush oil changes and found my dipstick just as black as after the change as it was before the change... :doh:

So if I can I'll pop the plug out at night and let it drain all night long if I can and then put the plug in and load it up...

Delo... Sure that whats in my truck now! :smart:

• Owner

I bet you checked the dipstick twice before you even started the engine to leave right? I'm the same way about just getting tires... I'll stand out in the cold/rain/snow watching at the door frame as they do the tires. While there back is turned I sneak a quick look at the brakes and haul back out the door to watch... Guys at the tire shop know me rather well... :lol:

I bet you checked the dipstick twice before you even started the engine to leave right? I'm the same way about just getting tires... I'll stand out in the cold/rain/snow watching at the door frame as they do the tires. While there back is turned I sneak a quick look at the brakes and haul back out the door to watch... Guys at the tire shop know me rather well... :lol:

Just get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and drain the oil into it. Then the oil filter just keep it straight and it won't spill and just dump it into the bucket. A little might spill but not too much. Then cap off the bucket and take it to town, I think all the auto parts stores have a oil dump in the back, just ask them to show you to it. Or find a guy with an oil burner that would love to have it lol.

I heard CAT was running this - or someone ....... any good ?? Its pretty cheap right ? Specific one or just the walmart one ?? Also - I wanna stay away from FRAM at walmart - but they do a MOPAR 280 filter or something ..... can that be used ?? Any good ?? Or stay away ...... (Can't do oil change at my RV park -> so thinking of just taking to wallyworld ......) :shrug: Seems to be DELO/ROTELLA/QUAKER for around $45 +tax ..... including filter .... (fram/mopar)

I to run DELO 15W40...have always ran DELO for 15yrs+ even in my Big trucks 3406E CATS with 10% Lucas oil Stablizer..dont see me using anything else.. also have used MOPAR filter from Walmart...no problems..although have only used a couple of time's mostly use Wix and baldwin Richie
  • Like 1

I worked at wal-mart for 2 years, not once I had my oil changed there. There are some... I don't know if you wanna call them tech's, but there are some that have more common sense than others. While I worked there, word would get around about customers returning cars back because of oil consumption issues. Turns out some of these guys, were not tightening down these filters on tight enough to where a few days later over pot holes and bumps and what have ya, they would come loose.Like I said some of these guys you really gotta watch out for, and some are actually attending a trade school for automotive or diesel while working there. I went to school with a few, and I've heard stories.No Wal-mart for me thank you.

oooohhhh lookie what I found

only 30 minutes away

Hey ryan - they are doing franchises ........ lets get us 1 ...... you be the brains and wrench wizzard ...... and I'll be ....... well ..... still working on that part :lmao2:

http://www.ufixitautomotive.com/

helps me with my oil changes ...... and other fluid/tid bits .......... now just gotta find a place to blow off the underside of my engine ...... guess I could just get the blower on the ground at a manual wash and crawl under there a bit .....

Seriously ?? I have been thinking about doing this - but keep bailing thinking someone will call the cops or something after my mess ........ Real hard in an RV park ........ thinking I can find an abandonded lot somwhere ..... Well I just had wallyworld do my 10 quarts of DELO and picked up a goldwix from NAPA for them to put on instead of fram. will check out those filters from geno's -> might just order some and have onhand. You should have seen me - I was a nervous wreck watching these guys change my oil ....... wife had to take me inside so I wouldn't stress so much ........ :duh: How does it it take 65 mins to change oil ??? help me rhonda

I HOPE THEY DIDNT PUT 10 QTS...THEY HOLD 11 PERFECT!:smart::smart:

• Owner

On the fleetguard filter it say right there on the filter "After the filter makes contact tighten another 3/4 of turn." So I mark the lip of the filter with a permanent marker on the lip facing the firewall so when I finish tighten the filter the mark should be facing me at the passenger fender. Then I know if the filter is getting loose or other wise...