• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Overhead thermometer temp sender

Where is the sensor located for the thermometer in the overhead display? I can't find it and nor could the 'not so bright' dude at the local dealer. I'm getting quite variable readings and when I got the truck it was bang on so I thought maybe the sensor needed some TLC.

What's the sensor on my hood? Near center, I think passengers side (not positive, snow on truck right now). I have to work around it tightening the bolt on my winter front. I've found some posts that describe the radiator core mounting location but also found the hood location referanced. So it may vary. Expert's Answer DESCRIPTION Ambient air temperature is monitored by the com-pass mini-trip computer module through the ambient temperature sensor. The ambient temperature sensor is a variable resistor mounted to a bracket that is secured with a screw to the underside of the hood panel near the hood latch striker in the engine com-partment. For complete circuit diagrams, refer to Overhead Console in the Contents of Wiring Diagrams. The ambient temperature sensor cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if faulty or damaged, it must be replaced. Read more: Dodge Questions - i had to buy an ambient air temp sensor for my 2001 dodge - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/12dnb-buy-ambient-air-temp-sensor-2001-dodge.html#ixzz1AXj5Wia9 http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/12dnb-buy-ambient-air-temp-sensor-2001-dodge.html

Thanks Russ. Mine should've been up by the grill but it had come down a long time ago and not knowing what it was or exactly where it should go I had tied it back around the underhood light:doh: I will put it where it belongs and see how it works then.