• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Google Authenticator   04/23/2017

Mopar1973Man.Com will now start using two-factor authentication to protect users accounts. All staff, donors, and customers will be required to use the Google Authenticator which you can download for free. Just scan the QR barcode and the app will provide the lock code. If you attempt to guess the code it will lock you out of the site. So please don't guess at the code. This will only appear to users that are accessing mission critical data to the member or the site.   I also enable the question and answers. If anyone has other ideas for question please PM to me and I'll add them to the system as well. The Question and Answers work similar and you must answer the questions to gain access to a protected area.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flagmanruss

Custom on dash guage pod for 06 Up

14 posts in this topic

Not sure where to put this. I found this over on CF. Pods mount on dash right above OEM cluster, in front of the operator. These pods seem to be well recieved. Fit 06 & up. A few have reportedly been cut for earlier Dodges but I've not seen any pictures in this whole thread http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-non-powertrain/110095-custom-gauge-cluster-58.html He's getting 200 for them. I am not affilated with the sale in any way except to wish they fit my truck!

they look nice, but wow.. 200 is steep, IMO.

I second that 200 bucks is outragoues. I only paid 40 for my Edge pod and i love it!!!

any luck on a cheaper price?

People seem thrilled with a lot of stuff that I can not afford...

Amen to that. "Man, it's only 200$!" pfftt.. LOL single income, mortgage, 2 kids.. $200 isn't chump change.. :spend:

yeah yeah im with you Rogan!!!:iagree::iagree:

Expense asside (also this custom small run piece not fitted to Sec Gen trucks) I like the idea if instruments right in front of me but my impression is that the top lip is bulky and the unit sits higher than it needs to. I'd like to build something to fit my 01... maybe something out of fiberglass.A pillar guages are wrong focal length for my tired eyes.

A pillar gauges are wrong focal length for my tired eyes.

Being that I've worked on boats, I've used fiberglass a time or 2.

that is something that i would love to learn how to do.

I'm right there with ya.. I've made some vacuum molded pods in the past, for other vehicles.. Only problem I 'have in designing one for my current truck, is that my dash is destroyed; the infamous dry lake bed look. I don't have a sturdy enough base to work from.. :cry:

Not sure if this will help you, but I just saw this while looking for something else, a new dash cap.http://www.amazon.com/MOLDED-DASH-1998-2001-DODGE-DARK/dp/B000P9K3GW%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILVCN2MFGXTZE67A%26tag%3D8cheap043-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB000P9K3GW

The dash top guage cluster being made is an ABS injection molded part, being made in batches of 20-30 from the test tooling. But I have to ask, why? It seems to me that the designer is setting up to mass produce these, getting support from the Cummins commumity... which is fine. #1 these only fit 06 + trucks. Since Second Gen are no longer being built, would anybody invest $10,000 in tooling for earlier models?#2 from the pictures, it seems the top is unnecessarily bulkie with a hook, which raises the profile. I think it can be done better. Looking over dashboards & instruments, I am seeing a design to block windshield reflections.#3 for short runs, why not use fiberglass? Simple molds, don't need complicated equipment. Go low tech. Yes, it is hand work. It would need painting after.