• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom on dash guage pod for 06 Up

flagmanruss

Not sure where to put this. I found this over on CF. Pods mount on dash right above OEM cluster, in front of the operator. These pods seem to be well recieved. Fit 06 & up. A few have reportedly been cut for earlier Dodges but I've not seen any pictures in this whole thread http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-non-powertrain/110095-custom-gauge-cluster-58.html He's getting 200 for them. I am not affilated with the sale in any way except to wish they fit my truck!

Expense asside (also this custom small run piece not fitted to Sec Gen trucks) I like the idea if instruments right in front of me but my impression is that the top lip is bulky and the unit sits higher than it needs to. I'd like to build something to fit my 01... maybe something out of fiberglass.A pillar guages are wrong focal length for my tired eyes.

I'm right there with ya.. I've made some vacuum molded pods in the past, for other vehicles.. Only problem I 'have in designing one for my current truck, is that my dash is destroyed; the infamous dry lake bed look. I don't have a sturdy enough base to work from.. :cry:

Not sure if this will help you, but I just saw this while looking for something else, a new dash cap.http://www.amazon.com/MOLDED-DASH-1998-2001-DODGE-DARK/dp/B000P9K3GW%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILVCN2MFGXTZE67A%26tag%3D8cheap043-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB000P9K3GW

The dash top guage cluster being made is an ABS injection molded part, being made in batches of 20-30 from the test tooling. But I have to ask, why? It seems to me that the designer is setting up to mass produce these, getting support from the Cummins commumity... which is fine. #1 these only fit 06 + trucks. Since Second Gen are no longer being built, would anybody invest $10,000 in tooling for earlier models?#2 from the pictures, it seems the top is unnecessarily bulkie with a hook, which raises the profile. I think it can be done better. Looking over dashboards & instruments, I am seeing a design to block windshield reflections.#3 for short runs, why not use fiberglass? Simple molds, don't need complicated equipment. Go low tech. Yes, it is hand work. It would need painting after.