• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re stock or not?

There enlies the problem. 90% of the people do NOT do just that.. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

yup!! too easy to abuse then neglect a piece of equipment. then when it breaks, we all want to scream at the manufacturer. dodge did in fact put limits on an otherwise bulletproof design so that it would in fact have a "life time". the design of the 47re behind the cummins is for 120,000 miles at full recommended gcwr. that is why they have an input torque rating of 450lbs behind an engine with 460lbs of output...couple that with what we all know to be to light of apply pressures through the VB and ATF+4 that is designed to PROMOTE slippage between the clutches and there you have it. I, for one, was not happy when I was shown the paper work on how they created design flaws into what i consider to be the stoutes design for simple brute force of any transmission from the big three. But they all do it. ford and chevy with the allison. so there we are. the engineers spend big bucks to get you past the warranty and onto spending another 5400 or so bucks to replace on your own dime, unless you address the inherent design (read intentional) flaws that are in any piece of equipment :smart::thumbup2:

I suppose we'll hear the VP44 is a good injection pump next.

Not a chance...but i do have about 140,000 miles on this one. Limping along with a raptor and 2 stroke diet.