• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well, I ran up to the local station (2 mi) to fill the truck up last night. It was 23* I left the truck running and it high Idled while I was filling it up. It was nice to have a warmer ride home.Not sure about the brake switch, but I did check the NAPA site and it's only $11 if I need to change it out.I'm pretty sure all other conditions are being met.I'm going to monitor the auto starter / manual starting of the truck and see if it differs. This is the 3rd starter I've had put on by the same place, but the first diesel so it's possible that's a problem. But they are very knowledgeable and have been in business for many many years.Now that I know the high Idle is enabled for sure I just need to talk the wife into a "fooler" I'm telling her it would be sooooo much better when she's driving it when it's cold outside.

Well, I ran up to the local station (2 mi) to fill the truck up last night. It was 23* I left the truck running and it high Idled while I was filling it up. It was nice to have a warmer ride home. Not sure about the brake switch, but I did check the NAPA site and it's only $11 if I need to change it out. I'm pretty sure all other conditions are being met. I'm going to monitor the auto starter / manual starting of the truck and see if it differs. This is the 3rd starter I've had put on by the same place, but the first diesel so it's possible that's a problem. But they are very knowledgeable and have been in business for many many years. Now that I know the high Idle is enabled for sure I just need to talk the wife into a "fooler" I'm telling her it would be sooooo much better when she's driving it when it's cold outside.

Just tell the wife that you would be helping yourself, her, and an American college student's business!!!!:lol: But in all seriousness, it sounds like it is okay, I'm just wondering why it isn't kicking when you start it up in the driveway... Wonder if it has something to do with that remote start. You might try going out and starting it the old fashion way and see what it does.:shrug:

Well, I ran up to the local station (2 mi) to fill the truck up last night. It was 23* I left the truck running and it high Idled while I was filling it up. It was nice to have a warmer ride home. Not sure about the brake switch, but I did check the NAPA site and it's only $11 if I need to change it out. I'm pretty sure all other conditions are being met. I'm going to monitor the auto starter / manual starting of the truck and see if it differs. This is the 3rd starter I've had put on by the same place, but the first diesel so it's possible that's a problem. But they are very knowledgeable and have been in business for many many years. Now that I know the high Idle is enabled for sure I just need to talk the wife into a "fooler" I'm telling her it would be sooooo much better when she's driving it when it's cold outside.

Or you could just let the wife start it each time since it worked for her. Not sure how she would like that but you never know until you try. :lmao: