• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is anyone running a heater in/on there fuel tank? i would like to find a heater that I could use but since these trucks have plastic fuel tanks this is proving to be a pain!:shrug: I found this but it is only for a steel tank and the seller tells me that it will not work and they are working on one for a plastic tank but it will be 10-12 months before it will be available. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-tank-heater-Diesel-Bio-fuel-heater-120v-500-watt-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0d254ec8QQitemZ180609175240QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts

I thought the issue was the fuel filter, so even if your fuel is warm at the tank, the fuel filter is still gelled since it is still cold. Not sure on this though, never had any gelling problems. I think I would make sure you have a gelling issue and not something else. If it is in fact gelling, I would just find a good antigel. What are you going to do when you are away from home where the truck sits all day and re-gels..

I thought the issue was the fuel filter, so even if your fuel is warm at the tank, the fuel filter is still gelled since it is still cold. Not sure on this though, never had any gelling problems.

I think I would make sure you have a gelling issue and not something else.

If it is in fact gelling, I would just find a good antigel. What are you going to do when you are away from home where the truck sits all day and re-gels..

Well I recently found out that Pure Flow and Grand Lakes Diesel are installing fuel heaters!:hyper: So then I thought if I heat the tank and the fuel filter then all will be good!:thumb1: But after the above statement this might not be the best idea!:doh:

Yeh I think your problem is in the fuel I have seen very cold weather like -30 and no problems I talked to a tech at FPPF and they said what causes alot of problems is water in the fuel it just keeps building up at the bottom of the tank untile there is enough that you have a problem, so get some treatment that removes water and make sure you don't have any bio when it gets cold and hopefully no problems, good luck:thumb1: