• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Should I get the kit to resleve or just new seals? Also any videos on the subject?

If you can see a wear mark on the crank use the sleeve kits,if not just a seal.Big thing is to make sure the crank is clean and DRY,no oil should be applied to the crank prior to new seal being installed.Last one i had to buy(rear seal) was $80 from frieghtliner.It should come packaged over a plastic installer,so all you do is slide if off the installer onto the crank.:2cents: Did you end up getting a used engine that your rebuilding?

Yea it's used with 180k it's real nice and clean except where they took puke bottle off and let it drain on the eng.:doh: The only real bad thing I have found is when I ask what kind of oil he ran he said, what ever they have on sale at the quick lube place:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: