• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

air dog 165 froze-up no start

Hey guys I have an 2002 with AirDog 165 just for information here in chatt tn we experienced a rare 10 inch snow storm first week in january, truck did fine until 3rd morning temps dropped to single digits:doh: my AD 165 MOUNTED ON FRAME RAIL FROZE AND because of my hurriedness to get back in the warm house I didn't even look at fuel pressure guage or I would have realized "nasa we have a problem":duh: no fuel pressure as I was walkin away truck cranked and run just long enough to drink what fuel was foward of the pump shut down:cry:was able to use jet heater for 20mins blowing under truck thawed it out cracked injectors purged air and vrooooom (thank the lord) no problems since, truck will be parked indoors on these cold nights from now on also have been using 2 cycle oil ever since. Would not have thought here in S.EAST TENNESSEE my truck would freeze but it did wacth out for those temps:)

Almost sounds like the water separating fuel filter on the AD had water in it and froze, blocking the fuel system. In the future, it is a VERY wise practice to drain a small amount of fuel from the water separating fuel filter on the AD and ensure fuel NOT water comes out. If water does come out, continue draining until fuel comes out. I periodically do this to mine during fillups to make sure any water is drained from the filter.