• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hemi-what?

• Owner

That is dangerous... LOL Personally I would love to see the strengths of the old school hemi but with the snap of the new school electronics and you would have a really wicked ride. Something about the old school design was just stronger took more crap before breaking down compared to the newer hemi's. But stuff that in a Sheby OMG! >:)

• 4 weeks later...

I would have to say stick with the 426. There is just something about 426 that has a ring to it. Not to mention the sound of the things. :thumbsup Personally i have never rode with either Hemi, the closest i have came was a Poly lol `:( For anyone that doesn't know what that is, the particular Poly that i rode in was a 318A with Poly-spherical combustion chambers in a 1963 Plymouth Fury. Hardly a great performer but i though the car was neat. :smart

When I was driving the afore mentioned road rocket... stopped by the local Dodge Dealer. Parked right in front of a Road Runner with the 426 "street hemi". The salesman came out to see if we had any money left (we didn't). Someone asks about the warrentee. He said "100". 100,000?? someone asked incredibly! NO, 100 feet... about the distance to Massachusetts Route 9... By then the salesman was looking at my off-road halogens... in those dear sweet days when US DOT did not approve anything that was not sealed beams...