• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

i can't fine a replacement line that goes from the side of the booster to the pressure line coming from the steering gearbox. any help would be appreciated:banghead: i have replaced the o-rings, the booster itself, even went to a hyd shop. they are checking if they can get the fittings. i ordered a new line from dodge, but the ordered was cancelled; they don't make it anymore. it's only a '01:( help!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2623[/ATTACH]any help is appreciated. it is leaking from around the fitting @ the booster

stop by a hydraulic shop thats an easy one to fabricate its just a steel line and some ferruls. you can probably get the materials to do it yourself at any autoparts store, homedepot worst case scenario

no debris what should the fittings be torqued to (not that i have a torque wrench) i usually just get em as tight as i can

That's your problem, any line that uses a ferrule or o-rings should never be over tightened. After the nut is snugged down turn it 3/4 of a turn if it leaks turn it 1/4 turn until it stops then go one more 1/4 turn.

• Like 1

do you think i damaged the line? it doen't look like it. it must be close tolerances

overtightning can cause an oring to bunch and twist or even tear so fluid can still leak past. its actually something I deal with on cable connectors sure different in some ways but the o-rings are still a factor

sorry, i was out of town. i put a new oring on and checked for damage everywhere, still leaking bad. does anyone have a specification for the oring? am i using the right size? id seems ok, but what is the thickness/od of it supposed to be? it feels like it is bottomed out but it still wiggles from side to side. i will try a different dodge dealer for a new line.