• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well I was changing the fluid and filter in my wonderful stock 47re yesterday. :rolleyes: Found what looked like a 5 inch diameter snap-ring in pieces attached to the magnet in the trans pan. Had a good bit of metal shavings on the magnet also. Trans is also slipping when it shifts gears now with the fluid lever full. Worked fine until changing the fluid and filter. Anyone ever run into this? Has anyone ever used Revmax parts for their trans?

I can't give you the exact location of the snap ring, but it is from the O/D section. It is a fairly common issue that requires a press to repair and if the rest of the snap ring comes off then it can be pretty expensive. Far as slipping after the filter change, is it possible that the filter is leaking air?

Not sure how spendy it will be to fix yours, I have a used 47re out of a 99 that was in good working condition when I pulled it out to replace it with a NV4500. Might be cheaper to replace than rebuild? Just thought that I would put that out there if you are interested.

Well I was changing the fluid and filter in my wonderful stock 47re yesterday. :rolleyes: Found what looked like a 5 inch diameter snap-ring in pieces attached to the magnet in the trans pan. Had a good bit of metal shavings on the magnet also. Trans is also slipping when it shifts gears now with the fluid lever full. Worked fine until changing the fluid and filter. Anyone ever run into this? Has anyone ever used Revmax parts for their trans?

how many miles you got on yours? i have an 02' also with 47re in it.....every once in a while i notice it doing some gear searching between 35-40mph.....i got a temp gague on it & it seems to happen after it gets up around 160 or so.......

Have just a little over 55,000 miles on it. I figured the fluid and filter hadn't ever been changed so thats the only reason I was changing it. I never had any problems until I changed the fluid and filter. I think I should have just kept driving it until it wouldn't move and then figure out what to do. :banghead:

--- Update to the previous post...

Not sure how spendy it will be to fix yours, I have a used 47re out of a 99 that was in good working condition when I pulled it out to replace it with a NV4500. Might be cheaper to replace than rebuild? Just thought that I would put that out there if you are interested.

Definitely interested depending on price and location considering shipping would probably be outrageous and my only vehicle that I could load a transmission in and drive wherever is the one that needs it I'm kinda limited.

Definitely interested depending on price and location considering shipping would probably be outrageous and my only vehicle that I could load a transmission in and drive wherever is the one that needs it I'm kinda limited.

Not looking to get a lot out of it, it is just sitting around not doing anything. When I purchased my NV4500 shipping was not bad and the company delievered here and had a tommy lift tail gate. The freight was not too bad through R and L freight. It was running good before I removed it, just wanted a manual so pulled the auto out of it.

Consider it sold. Is there anything I will need to get for it or do to it before putting it in? Obviously fluid and filter even though I'm a little shy about changing them since my last experience. :lmao:I work at a truck garage so it can be shipped to a place that has a way to move it(forklift, whatever). Could you handle the shipping on it and give me a total? Do you happen to have a paypal account?I'm assuming it is a 4x4 transmission since your sig says you have a 4x4.

There should be nothing that you will need. When I removed it from the truck I made sure that the torque converter remained on the transmission. Yes, it is a 4X4 transmission, so it should bolt right in. I will give R and L freight a call tomorrow to find out what shipping will cost, what zip code will it be shipped to? Yes, I do have a paypal account. I think all you need is my email address, which is 'jonathan1950@yahoo.com'. I will get back to you as to the cost of shipping as soon as I find out what it will cost. Thank you.