• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mike and Mods

• Owner

Yes... That's my bad... I added a caching script and got over zealous with it and was caching too much information. So fi your stuck with the same page over and over just clear your cache and cookies and start over. Corrected the scrpit and got it working the right way. Little more detail... I was have a problem caching a PHP script that refused and not thinking it out completely I ended up caching all of the PHP scripts (vBulletin) for 1 year... :stuned: Ekkkk... So now I not that deep... I'm only caching images, CSS, and a few lighter things only for 1 month and a few select scripts only for 24 hours. Then to top off the whole deal I added compression to the files that were not compression by vBulletin. So now the whole package un-cached is roughlt 600kb worth of information but once you cached some pages then its like 10-20kb for each page because it access your hard drive first for the images, graphics, style scripts before downloading from the internet... So sorry I hung you browser cache up but you'll enjoy the speed... :cool:

• Owner

Simply...

When you visit the site your computer normally request for information from my server. Then your recieving the information on your computer. Which takes time to send information to you because of the limitations of your provider or my server.

So what if you where to keep a copy of all the information of my web site on your computer? So now when you visit my web site your computer checks the hard drive to see if the copy of the information is still the same if so then it loads from the hard drive giving you a huge speed increase. (Because you not actually getting the information from my server but your hard drive).

I know pics are worth a thousand words...

Posted Image

So the empty cache is what it would have to do everytime vs. primed cache... Primed cache is what is stored on your computer as you can see it got to download so very little...

Hope this helps...:shrug: