• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time for front brake pads, any recommendations?

Thanks Dually, I decided to go with performance friction pads from my local oriellys auto...lifetime warranty like the raybestos. I got a couple of caliper rebuild kits while I was at it too. They told me whenever the pads wear out to bring them back for a new set... gratis! My rotors are good this go around, but next time i plan to use EBC rotors. They make their rotors in Italy and in the UK. Matched sets on summit are $230 slotted and $260 for slotted and dimpled rotors. Not too bad! Thanks for the reply, GB

I get raybestos they have a lifetime warranty.When mine are finished off i bring the receipt in along with the spent pads and get free ones.I dont know if they still do that or not.Check parts plus store.

I get raybestos they have a lifetime warranty.When mine are finished off i bring the receipt in along with the spent pads and get free ones.I dont know if they still do that or not.Check parts plus store.

when companies started doing this my wife was the one who bought the brake pads from some odd company i cant remember I didn't believe her and said ok something isn't right there, well it was a mute point since the receipt was lost long before that issue were to come up. :lmao2:

• Owner

It is time for some new brake pads for the front of the truck, I am thinking ebc or performance friction might do the trick, anyone with recommendations? Rotors are stock with no damage and as usual I plan to turn them unless someone out there recommends otherwise. Thanks all, Chris

As for me I'm going to buy the cheapest pads I can find... Being that I'm coming due for my first pad change myself and the factory pads have made it to 182K miles without a problem I surely don't need any kind of high performance brake pads when 90% of my stopping power is my exhaust brake.

As for me I'm going to buy the cheapest pads I can find... Being that I'm coming due for my first pad change myself and the factory pads have made it to 182K miles without a problem I surely don't need any kind of high performance brake pads when 90% of my stopping power is my exhaust brake.

allot of those high end pads use a considerable amount of ceramic, which from my perspective cause more harm in the long run anyways. ceramic will bite into the rotors to produce its stopping power but it doesn't do a very good job of that until its heated the rotor up due to friction at which point the metal becomes softer briefly for the ceramic to bite in and remove metal from the rotor. ceramic is great for a race track circuit but I have seen too many chewed up rotors and failed stop car accidents associated with them. don't get me wrong I have seen chewed up rotors for other reasons as well like neglect! but its a factor to consider.