• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If you really, really want to block off the waste gate, unhook the line and plug it. The problem with that is IF you go over about 35 PSI you are overspeeding your turbo. At 35 PSI your turbo should be spinning as much as 150,000+ RPMs........ When they grenade......well, it ain't pretty and it gets expensive real quick too.

The ECM does not look at how much boost is being made? I post one of those fittings on my truck and the SM at the dealership told me if I do it again the turbo will be on my dime!!! Had an over boost code so they ordered a new turbo complete with waste gate before they found the fitting. It cost me $75 for dinner for him and his wife.Don

The ECM does not look at how much boost is being made? I post one of those fittings on my truck and the SM at the dealership told me if I do it again the turbo will be on my dime!!! Had an over boost code so they ordered a new turbo complete with waste gate before they found the fitting. It cost me $75 for dinner for him and his wife. Don

12V's hardly monitor anything, technically they don't monitor anything at all. All there is sensorwise is oil pressure, water temp, intake temp, water in fuel, a/c high/low pressure sensors, battery temp sensor, hmm I think that's it. If any of those sensors are bad, it probably won't throw a code. I have disconnected just about all of them and never got a check engine light. Oil pressure disconnected shows no oil pressure and oil pressure light comes on. Water temp disconnected just shows really cold on the gauge. Battery temp disconnected changes nothing but supposedly it relates to charging voltage. Intake temp disconnected just makes the wait to start light blink constantly. Water in fuel disconnected does nothing. A/C sensors disconnected will do nothing, but a/c won't turn on. None of those throw a code.