• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transfer Flow toolbox/fuel tank combo

Anyone using the Transfer Flow toolbox/fuel tank combo? Made a deal with a gent here in town last week and now I have a 50 gallon unit sitting in the back of the truck.Have not hooked it up yet and playing with options.First option is to hook it up using their computer display and enjoy. It monitors the fuel level of the main tank then adds fuel as needed in 5 gallon slugs.Had also wondered about just using it as an Aux fuel tank and putting a "on/off" stitch and controlling the flow manually. Before I do this, wondered if anyone else on the board had done this and had any suggestions or tips.Thx,FT

Mike,If you want to know the truth, I got a really good deal on it so could not say no. Had a 7mm mag that I had never fired (new in the box) that I just did not need and traded the guy straight across for the tank. He then sold it for $850 or so to a friend and everyone was happy. He was getting married and needed the funds for the honeymoon. Only heartburn is that the local place who removed it and was going to install it in my truck started to play games. The branch office removed it from the sellers truck and bolted it into mine, then the head office location then said that the price quoted to do the work was too low and started making difficult noises. They wanted $500 to remove it and reinstall it, (and remember this takes 45 minutes each way) and their smaller branch quoted us $300. We went to the smaller branch and split the price between the two of us,and as I said its bolted in my truck but none of the wiring or plumbing has been done.At least one really nice guy at the satellite branch printed out the installation instructions and gave me a copy. Think that for 45 minutes work I may just end up doing it myself and putting the money towards a FASS system!FT

FT,Hurry & get that tank functional so that you can still afford to fill it up with the very affordable D2. The cheapest i paid was 2.08 a gallon a few weeks back. Some places are 2.25 & others are 2.29. Others are saying fuel is going to climb again. `:( I think I'd keep the computer hook up as well. The 5 gallon chug thing sounds cool! B) Dave

Dave,Thanks and we are a bit lower out here in Arizona. Last I paid was $2.08 and just saw $197 at a Chevron station yesterday. Still not cheap but better than it was this time last year.Will go ahead and hook it up stock, was just wondering if anyone had a better idea.Thx,Joe (aka FT)