• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Damaged front spring seat... One more thing...

I'm about to pick my truck up from the shop... they reported a rusted & cracked front coil seat on the front axle. I can't say I'm surprised with all the rust underneath... still one more thing to get tended to. I haven't got the bill yet for finding & fixing the motor-quit-in-the-street problem... or the install of the AD150, big line & pickup.

edit

OK, I got the truck back. Cost an arm, a leg & a nut!!

I had them show me the rusted out spring perch, so I could see exactly what they were looking at. Yup, it's rusted out. I'm not finding a listing for this welded on part. Anybody know where to buy this?

• 2 months later...

I still have not been able to find a listing for this Coil Spring Seat... I called the biggest spring shop in the state. They say they see Dodges & Fords with this all the time, that it's a dealer part... if you can still get it. They'll put it in if I get them... but I can't find them listed anywhere! I was hoping to find an on-line dealer who sells parts... Ideas? Otherwise it's a welder / fabricator job.Additional: I called a dealer who said that part is not shown separately... part of front axle assembly. I said "welder/fabricator job" and the parts rep said "yes". So I guess I know what I need to do. (No wonder the diesel repair shop didn't want to get into it.)

would it be possible to have a junkyard or a friend cut one off of a wrecked truck? just went out and looke at mine. i did not realize how big and how welded to the frame that it is. still seems like it coud be done though:shrug:

It's the bottom spring cup on the axle that I need. The cup must hold water & road salt... probably most used are same condition. I'm going to talk to a fabricator & see if we can't make a heavier one. If he can build nuclear subs, he ought to be able to build a couple of these.

i went to my truck first this time. it looks worse than the other,but not impossible. though it would be a challenge. i think i would rather chang out a tranny. i am experienced now:lmao2::lmao:. almost looks like you would have to gave a stamping machine to reproduce.that is a substantial piece of metal. i aint a fabricator though.

Well, what a stamping machine can do, a man with a hammer and anvil can too... but rather than bother my buddy the backsmith, I'm think my inlaws. A flat circle and a raised ring welded together. I do have a lathe so could turn the ring if we can't find a tube the right size. The spring shop said they would install it. We'll see.Thanks,Russ