• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OK, I have had about enough of this air dog system. I just went to leave work and found that the in line fuse pretty much melted together. I'm thinking a short but the system itself doesn't sound right even when it's running. I replaced a fuse already only to have it finally melt down on me.:banghead: I'm open to suggestions. How is the manufactuer at replacing the unit if it's defective? Has anyone else had any similar problems? Lucky

This is a bit of a long shot but have you checked to make sure your power/ground connections are secure? Poor connections can generate heat.

The connections appear to be good, but I know that the batteries are in need of being replaced. Could lack of juice from the batts cause this?

I would say yes, because just like a bad conection and low batt is the same. I was blowing fusses on my airdog 100 and it finally just quit. AirDog sent a replacement asap no questions asked, just tell them what you have going on and a new one is on the way.But if your like me and you need to get going the next day, I bought one and sold the replacement when it arrived.

OK I'll call them first thing in the morning and replace both batteries. That system has been giving me problems all winter so getting a new one would be nice. Besides it just doesn't sound right. Not like when it was new and it's only a year old now.

Well airdog went good for the pump, but even though they admitted that the fuse melted due to the pump generating too much heat, they wouldn't replace the wiring harness. I'm not impressed with the customer service reps that I talked with today. The inventor was very helpful but the people from the Indiana office were not. If I had to do it over I wouldn't buy an airdog system.Oh well, live and learn, at least I'm getting the pump replaced.