• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel filter.

• Owner

hey hey, just bout to start using 2-stroke engine oil with my fuel and thought id change my fuel filter. just wondering what filter everyone uses while running 2-stroke with there fuel? thx for the input!

I actual got a pic of a filter at 12K miles and what it looked like with a sample of fuel...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any deals on the gen 2 filter? Seems like around here Napa, Auto Zone, & Advance, the filter cost is about 30 bucks each. On line they seem to bee about 15 but with the shipping it ends up being the same. :rolleyes :|

• Owner

Any deals on the gen 2 filter? Seems like around here Napa, Auto Zone, & Advance, the filter cost is about 30 bucks each. On line they seem to bee about 15 but with the shipping it ends up being the same. :rolleyes :|

I go to my local Cummins/John Deere shop and get my oil and fuel filters for cheap... Fuel filter was always $12 bucks and oil filters were $8 bucks. Both are fleetguard... ;) For my AirDog 150 the fleetguard filter from Dieselmanor is $9 bucks for 2 micron fleetguard... 8|

Hey Guys,I will check out my local Cummins dealer too. Did someone here say that they purchased a Baldwin oil filter at Wally World? All I saw at mine was Fram for 4.25.Also, I was looking for a locking fuel cap, what is a pre-vent? Aren't they all vented? The parts guy didn't know either! :D Thanks,Dave

on the baldwin site theres a store locator and if you punch in your area code theyll tell you some places by you that supplies them. im sure wally world dosent... as for the locking gass cap, i havent had much luck with them. tried one on the truck and the jeep and both ended up gettin a check engine light poping up.. it just could of been a cheap cap?? id try a locking gass door.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Russ.. With you being in the smallest state RI you are a stones throw away from one of the best shops to deal with about our trucks,Scott Hovey's MassDiesel located in Walpole,MA.If Scott can not fix you up or get you what you need then it can not be had or bought.He is one of the best Dodge Cummins guys out there and one of the nicest guys you willl ever meet.Here is a link and tell him I sent you....... www.massdiesel.com ......Andy

• 4 months later...