• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

:truck:Fire, You would give us the firepower if you did just that. Not only would we be able to hold our horses, but we could also pork out torque! The auto trans can be very intimidating! It's gotta be CTD, Dave

Right now I am planning on tearing the trans apart next weekend. I've never had one of these apart before so it will be a learning experience for all. Going to get as many pics as possible. I'm not sure if any special tools are required but I'm sure if so I don't have them, lol. So if I run into that I guess I'll have a second thread to start on how to make the tools, lol.

Right now I am planning on tearing the trans apart next weekend. I've never had one of these apart before so it will be a learning experience for all. Going to get as many pics as possible. I'm not sure if any special tools are required but I'm sure if so I don't have them, lol. So if I run into that I guess I'll have a second thread to start on how to make the tools, lol.

That would be excellent. I know just enough to get into trouble. I don't, but do you have a schematic on the trans? Making tools, that's so cool! Thanks, Dave:doh:

That would be excellent. I know just enough to get into trouble. I don't, but do you have a schematic on the trans? Making tools, that's so cool! Thanks, Dave:doh:

I'm not sure what kind of schematic you're referring to. I have a manual printed off the internet if needed but I am planning on going at it without using the manual if possible. I will be sure to note if I use the manual or not. The teardown is planned for sunday and depending on what I run into while it is apart it will probably be the next weekend before I put it back together. We'll see what happens I guess. Maybe help someone from :spend::spend::spend::spend::spend: and be able to do these transmissions at home.

Didn't know what else to call the exploded view. I hear you on the money Bro! Good luck! Dave

Sorry guys, the transmission tear down had to be postponed again. Going to try for next sunday, had a pretty big paying job come up and with working double shifts i'm low on time. Thanks for being patient and not trying to hunt me down. :lmao:

• 2 months later...

I did get the write up done for the OD section of the transmission. Have the pictures of the front section and once I get a few bugs worked out I will get the write up started for the front half of the transmission. Here is a link to the OD section article. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65:47re-teardown-od-section&catid=39&Itemid=115

• Like 1