• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector question

I have been wanting to do some reworking of my return line setup (stock 12V setup) and it's just a little weird. Now my question is, do the 24V's have the return for the injectors going straight back to the tank or do they somehow end up back in the inlet side of the VP44? I don't even remember seeing any return line things on the 24V injectors so did I miss something or what? The 12V engine dumps the injector return fuel straight into the fuel filter, so the whole return line setup remains at inlet side pressures. The only return line that has no pressure (goes to the tank) is the one on the P7100 that dumps excess fuel from the lift pump. Basically I want to get rid of the injector returns going to the fuel filter and dump them straight to the tank instead, but don't know if it will cause any issues since they supposedly need that inlet pressure for some reason, though the 24V uses the same injectors (with different top part) thus getting to my question above.

From what I understand there is no reason to have the LP supply pressure to the return on the injectors. Why do you want to change the way the fuel is returned?

I don't like the fuel filter there. I have tons of room on the fenders where it could go and then it wouldn't be such a PITA to change. Thinking of doing away with it completely and just having an in line fuel filter under the truck. Now you see my problem with the injector returns..

Correct... That little hole is the return line out to the fuel rail inside the head... That exits at the back of the head then tees together with the overflow and then heads to the fuel tank.

Thats what I was going to say:thumb1: But Mike beat me to it:evilgrin: