• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How and what to change the drive train fluids with?

scubieman

I want to service my 4x4, unsure if anyone has every changed fluids since it has 101k and not one record for the truck. Kind of stupid to buy it but it looked good.Anyways changing 4x4 drivetrain I mean; front, rear, transfer case. What fluids would you use, how much does it take? And why would the stealership charge 325 dollars to change fluids. They said it was about 100 bucks in fluid just for the rear end alone, i looked up and seen about 13 bucks a quart and rear end holds 4 quarts. I believe this is wrong.:cookoo:

It is very possible that it takes at least 4 quarts. Everything I have looked up for your truck shows between 4 and 7 quarts for the rear differential. What rear end does it have? If you have the build sheet for your truck that would narrow it down quickly. If not there should be an Id tag on it near the diff. cover. I have a 2000 model and used Amsoil synthetic everywhere. GB

• Staff

You have an AAM 11.5" rear axle, AAM 9.25" front axle, and a NP271 (man) xcase or NP273 (auto) xcase. Rear: 4.25 qts with LSD, 4.5 w/outFront: 2.4 qtsXcase: 2.1 qtsDiffs use synthetic 75w-90Xcase uses ATFI used Amsoil SVG in my diffs and Amsoil ATF in my xcase.