• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What year of truck should I get??

As you know I currently have a 98.5 24 v quad cab 3500! Well June 15, a dang deer hit the right side of the bed! It caved in the bed and busted the fiberglass dually fender! The insurance company came out looked at said there was 6400 bucks worth of damage done to the truck, so they are in the process of totalling the truck out! Roughly speaking the blue book value of the truck is $7500 less $1000 deductible! So I'm trying to figure out whether to keep the truck, or just take the money and upgrade to a newer true 4 door quadcab dually! I don't know what year to leans toward, although today I found an 07 3500 4 door cab/chassis with flat bed, not running with 315k on it for $7500. They seem to think it's an injector problem! So fellas help me out on what to do!m I know yall are very wise!:smart::smart::smart::smart:

well i thought about that, i'm kinda figuring that they are going to offer me 7500 for my truck less the deductible bring it to 6500 and then to buy it back for about 2500 and that leaves me with 3500! the bed i'm wanting to put on my truck is 4200 installed ! but i do have to consider what all i have done to my truck like the new air dog II, rebuilt nv 4500, new brake rotors wheel bearings pads seals ball joints new rear springs edge programmer scan gauge II two way radio for police dept cb radio foldable tow mirros and the list goes on an on! all this stuff i would have to change back out because i have 2 other duallies that use these parts! so i'm kinda in limbo on what to do! although i really would like to have a true 4 door truck !!!

Man you sound just like me, I got so much invested in my truck I got to drive it in the ground then plant roses around it for a rose garden.:lmao: I think I would have to buy the flat bed and keep on truckin.Anything left of the deer?

Nah nothing is left of the deer! That night was crazy! I normally drive about 70-80 every where I go! This night I was cruising along about 45, my brother looks over at me and asks are you sick of something?:lmao: I said nah it's a nice night out, just easing along kinda enjoying a slower pace for once, ya know! Brother was like oh ok, had his arm hanging out the window and just talking, I come through the curve and see something movement on the shoulder, hits brakes and bam!:doh::doh::doh: Truck kinda slides sideways a lil bit and then big ol bump from running over the deer! So I turn all my caution lights on and flashers, pull over to the shoulder, grab the flashlight and walk back to see what had happened! See the deer laying on the shoulder, it looks at me an blahs!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao: I call a deputy sheriff out looks at me, looks at the truck, says deer slayer! I said your crazy man the deer hit me!!! I'm the innocent bystander! He's like yea right! So I guess if I had been running 70-80 the deer would be alive and my truck wouldn't be totalled!!!:cry::cry::cry:post-10918-13869817912_thumb.jpg

• Owner

How a pic of the truck? :shrug: Dang I would of thrown the deer in the bed of the truck and made jerky out it... :lmao: The only thing I can say about common rail is to get the best fuel filter you can for the truck and don't skimp. Most all injector problems turn into big dollar engine problems that usually require a short block. So if there is a existing injector problem on the truck I would tell them you'll only buy the truck if all 6 injectors are replaced.