• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

This problem is starting to happen more after a warm or hot restart within the first mile, tach drops down to nothing, CE light comes on, engine rattles real hard for a mile or two. If I was to stop at a light, the engine has a rough idle, today I put it in neutral I kept juicin' it a little just so it wouldn't stall. After a mile down the road it all returned to normal. My FP was in my normal14-16 range while driving the entire time.:shrug:Anyone experience this?Dave

Micheal & JB,Just as long as it isn't the crank behing the wheel!:duh:I saw a used one on ebay for like 20 bucks or should I just get new? Difficult to get at to replace?What would be the code for a good sensor gone bad?Thanks guys,Dave

I'm in the same boat it would appear that mine has failed also. I know on my 2000 it is located behind the starter. It is basically a black cylinder with a sheet metal mount/bracket. I called around town to find it. Autozone is special order only around here, AdvanceAuto wants $62.95, Napa wants $60, and I didn't bother calling Cummins but have been told they sell it for $70.

I only checked Advance, & they gave me a price of 56+ tax. Think I saw one on Ebay for like $44. Fits a 98.5-2002. Thnk I did a search on Cummins Crank Sensor. Best price I found. I think that was free shipping too!My was getting Cranky since I bought the truck 3 1/2 yrs ago. I think it was sending no power to my Raptor in the 95+ degree heat. Luckily I had a gauge, so I was able to see the cause of my hard start situation before I wore out the starter & cranked out the batteries. When I had that happen I would notice no pressure at the gauge even before I would try to do a hot restart. I would just wait a minute or so & it would fire just fine.:hyper:Dave

Good news my wife found one for me on Ebay, brand new, she offerd the guy 22 bucks & he took it. He had 3. It also includes free shipping. Mine's on it's way! Dave

That is a great price. After installing mine the hard start seems non-existent. The tach still seems notchy however honestly I never paid attention to it before the sensor failed. I have done a cluster test and it moves smoothly during the test. I suppose eventually I will go back to not staring at my tach and it will be a non-issue again lol. At least the truck is idling and driving smoothly despite what seems like a de-fuel right around 1900-2100rpm occasionally, but other than that it runs good and is showing no codes.

Gr8 2K,Got my in before the rains came last night. I have to still hookup the batts & do the TPPS reset. I had a real PITA time getting the top bolt off. I don't think mine has ever been off. I had to remove the inner fender for a little more room. Didn't damage the bolt head, I just didn't have enough strength to loosen it w/ my 10mm Gear Head wrench. I guess I need to get on the weight bench & do some pull ups!:lol:BTW my ebay deal didn't work out, wrong part, so if anyone needs a Crank Sensor, I have a non-steel bracket one just sitting here.:spend:Dave