• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I finally got a couple of days off, I got the intercooler repaired, put back in and drove the truck it would now make some boost if I would get on or pull a little grade, but not over 17 psi and egt's shoot up quick, so yesterday I put the boost leak tester back on and pressured it up to close to 30psi but it kept blowing the leak tester cap off, so I am sure it is pressuring up and if it has a leak it can not be very big, what else would cause very low boost and high egt's :confused:

• Owner

Ok... Pressurize the system to about 15-20 PSI. Then spray the system down with soap solution looking for bubbles. Check the manifold, IAT & MAP sensors, boots, turbo, intercooler (yeah I know you got it fix but...).Then you might take the turbo off and verify the wastegate is not sticking open. Also check to make sure there is no drive pressure loss. Check you exhaust manifold, exhaust housing on the turbo and wastegate for good seal.Do you have a boost elbow??? :confused:

• Owner

Can I ask a question,,,,,,,

Sure...

1/ how much boost should you have,,,,

On a stock truck about 18-19 PSI of boost. with BOMB's it can go 35 PSI and higher. But stock turbo is only good till 35 PSI (Over rev).

2/and how do you tell what is maximum boost, by putting it to the floor and holding the accelerator to the floor,

Basically yes... Just stomp on it...

for how long?

About 2K to 2.5K RPM's you should see MAX Boost.

It all based on hold much fuel you can pour in the cylinders. More fueling enhancements the boost that is produced.