• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cab blower stops working?

Heres another piece to the puzzle. It got hot today so I ran it and it did it again, reduced to half the flow. I felt everywhere and it wasn't blowing anywhere but the two head vents I had open, just hardly blowing. BUT!, I set it on defrost for about 30 secs and it felt a little bit stronger, so I went back to head vents and the thing was back to full flow.. So it's almost like the defrost door just needed to be reshut or something to seal off better but I don't understand why there is 0 flow through the defrost vents when it goes into that limp mode state. I would think there would be backflow. At least I found the little trick to make it work, supposed to be 93f tomorrow and 97f thursday, along with the wonderful humidity that Missouri is known for :mad

Have you pulled and checked the fan blower motor resistor?.Its located on the bottom of the heater box inside the cab mounted with two screws,It will casue some of the symptoms your having.Also of note the Second Generation Dodges are NOTORIOUS for the A/C evaporator cores failing and causing the system to loose charge.In the 206,000 miles I have owned my truck I have had 3 installed(2 by Mopar under warranty and the last one by my local A/C man last year).When I did the last one we also did the heater core to be safe as I did not want to pull the dash and air box a second time......Andy