• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Key Switch ??

I made a trip today that's about an hour on the main highway and when I stopped I noticed my truck idling at about 900 (usually 800). Did a few errands and headed home and I got in the driveway, was idling at about i'll say 950, I shut the key off and the truck stayed running. I thought it was odd. so I went into the setting on my Edge to check to make sure the turbo cool down wasn't on. which it wasn't. Let the truck sit there for about a minute and then it shut itself down. No idea why it worked that way but more importantly, how can a person shut it down if it happens again and doesn't finally quit on it's own? :shrug:

This is a symptom I am seeing intermittently as well. It IS an edge problem. Neither Edge or I have been able to fix it yet on my truck, or get the CTS working at all. I have been through a new ECM, and I have a 5th new edge module to try. 4 of them got burned out. Plus some other stuff. Power is flowing through the turbo timer circuit to keep the truck running. This will drain your battery even if you kill the truck. DO NOT shut the truck down by yanking this wire out. First dump it in 3rd or 4th gear, and then go under the hood and pull the fuse tap from the main fuse / relay box under the hood. If you pull the wire from the fuse tap, you may create a big spark and power jump that you don't want running around your PCM and whatnot. You can verify this by putting a voltmeter on the tapped fuse in the dash on the turbo timer circuit when it happens. Usually, this circuit is switched on when the ignition is on, but the Juice module fuel it feeds 12V into this fuse to keep the truck running on the turbo timer. This caution may be overkill, but since going through an ECM recently and all this edge crap, I have become paranoid about maintaining electrical integrity... Your mileage may vary.

So could I aslso just unhook the wire for the timer?:shrug: I don't have the timer activated anyway

Yes, I would just unhook it, though I would wait a bit to see if it went off eventually (voltmeter check) and if not, I would disconnect the batteries first. That should eliminate the issue, although it makes me suspicious that there is something burned out in the edge module.