• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power door locks

First off I would like to say hello!!! its been a while since ive been to the site or posted anything life has been hectic! :ahhh::ahhh:Now down to buisness the power door lock on my passenger side has been giving me some fits and i think its the actuator?!?! If i mess with the switch on either door it will sometimes unlock and sometimes it just wont. I called Autozone and they dont even sell one??? Is this actuator part of an assembly or just a dealer part and who out there has had the pleasure of replacing one??? Anything and all is helpful!!! thanks again.:thumb1:

well i called the dealer and they tell me that its the entire latch assembly and you have to buy a new stricker as well!!! all for the small amount of $175!!!:banghead::banghead: So i guess i will start calling around to a few wrecking yards and see what i can find! Any suggestions on the type of lube to use on this in the meantime while im looking for another one?

This just needs to be said !! When you call the dealer and they give you a price say, "Is that the best you can do on that" Then if you can call another dealer. I get so many parts from my dealer i get a special price. Nothing sells for list price any more.Some parts guy's like to move parts. I even tryed this at a ford dealer that i never had been to before and it works. Dont be shy friends.

Sorry for such a late reply, but......I replaced the actuator on my driver's side a while back.Found one on Ebay. If I can determine the seller I'll post again.Mine was doing exactly the same as yours.After I replaced it, I did an autopsy on the old one and I think it (and yours) could have been fixed.I'm going from memory here, so details are fuzzy but once I got inside I noticed a piece of the linkage was attached to a small plastic gear. That teeth in that linkage/gear thingy were worn causing it to sometimes slip.I think some strategically placed epoxy would have fixed it.Now... that being said....My replacement part was reasonably priced and there was a moderate amount of PIA factor in reassembling the old old one so in my case replacement made sense. But if you're stuck paying dealer price, I'd definitely try to resurrect the old one.Good luck. You say yours sometimes works and sometimes doesn't....Do you hear it "running" when you hit the button?Mine would "run" but sometimes the lock wouldn't move.If yours doesn't even run, then my post probably doesn't apply.