• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gun Rack

Yea the only thing I have found is the DU-HA or something like that, it goes under your back seat on our 05's. I would like to see one in person before I spend 180.00 for one. It looks good from the pic but still like to put my hands on one.

I'm not sure of the legalities of your area. I do not normally have rear seat passengers. I use a soft case on the floor of the rear quad cab, behind the driver's seat. I leave the end of the case unzipped so I can retrieve the long gun without removing the case... Standing on the ground, outside the truck... stock height 4X4... open quad door... just slide it out of the case. I have a factory optional floor bin under the back seat... not easy to get anything out of it. It would be less visible however. At this height, no one can see into the truck, let alone something on the floor. I guess this works because I only transport 1 gun also. Trips to the range have several on the floor, seat & etc.

When I am around the farm I usually have my welding truck (cab and a half) just because it has everything you can think of in it. :neutral: And my back seat is full of rods,hood, welding shirts and so on. It would be nice to have a rack like back in the old days, in front of the back glass. I just dont know how I want to go about it, I will have to keep this truck for ever due to all the money I have in it and on top of that it has a salvaged title. So I have been kicking the idea of building my own rack, I just need ideas to put together before out comes the drill.:lmao:I cant see out the back glass anyway due to welder so I just need to find something. I have googled everthing and nothing really sticks out.Thats why I poke yall's brain :smart:

That also requires you to remove your overhead console if you have one which Im not doing, pretty cool idea though, might get one for my old F350. For the price I might try this out and see if its worth it or not. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Auto-ATV/Auto-Interior/Vehicle-Gun-Holders|/pc/104796180/c/104697180/sc/104195880/G-Lox-Wedge-Window-Two-Gun-Rack/1188107.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FN%3D1100767%26WTz_l%3DSBC%253BBRprd716354&WTz_l=SBC%3BBRprd716354%3Bcat104195880 -Jordan-

I have had a set of those setting on my reloading bench for years, The are ok at best the problem is they never stayed tight Used them for a couple seasons and got tired of them falling out or loosening up and rattling.I miss the old school steel ones that bolted to the back of the cab. O yeah The good ol 60's and 70's rigs. with steel in the cab yet.

You got that right. I was looking at some old hunting photos of my grandfather and my dad hunting in Colorodo back in the early 70's and photo shows his old three gun rack in the back glass of his new 70 modle jeep truck.

Those old gun racks saved my mothers life, we have a large farm and we had a Steiger tractor that takes 8D batteries which we had just replaced. Short story she was driving down a freshly bladed county road in a 1975 IH 3/4 ton 4 x4 pickup when she hooked the gravel ridge and it pulled her into the ditch where she rolled the pickup at which point the batteries tried to come through the back window but my dad had 2 700 remington rifles in the good ol bolt in steel rifle rack that the batteries got caught up in and she suffered a concusion. had the rifles or the gun rack not been in the back window she may well have been killed.