• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What size Vent Lid do I order?

Hi All,I'm new again to this camper thing so, my escape hatch vent rotted was so bad on a recent tailgate the lid blew off on the way home.So my question, my opening is 21x14 & my lid was 22x15 whey do they ask me for my rough opening measurement? I don't know that for sure all I know for sure are those two? I ordered one w those & they sent me some big honkin thing!:shrug: My wife is furious w me for not knowing this stuff!:duh:Help,Dave

• Staff

If you can find a label telling what brand it is that helps. Sometimes I have removed the old one careful to keep it together to show the rv supply shops which one. I have always found it easily enough.I usually tape a plastic cover on for temporary. Sometimes with wood across to help make good run off.

If you can find a label telling what brand it is that helps. Sometimes I have removed the old one careful to keep it together to show the rv supply shops which one. I have always found it easily enough. I usually tape a plastic cover on for temporary. Sometimes with wood across to help make good run off.

Yep, that's what I have while it's sitting. Maybe some good ol' duct tape & lexan if it doesn't make it before we use it this weekend. That's what I will do next time, take the part in. The label is long gone!:banghead: Thank you, Dave

Items like this are probably best bought face to face. I expect that you'll likely have to buy the whole unit. You might save a few bucks by using the local RV place to match up the unit then order it online and wait for it to arrive & hope they don't screw it up again.

• Owner

I tennd to agree with Russ... Like in my days of the ol' Dodge Jamboree I had. I blown several roof vents. But what made matter worse is the base was plastic to so eventually the whole unit should be replaced. Like my current Jayco has steel baes and plastic lids. So I wouls simply measure one of the other lids and order one to match... Or contact the manufacture of the RV and get the specs of the vents.

Items like this are probably best bought face to face. I expect that you'll likely have to buy the whole unit. You might save a few bucks by using the local RV place to match up the unit then order it online and wait for it to arrive & hope they don't screw it up again.

My wife is dealing w a local RV place. The cost is about twice as much, but oh well, like you said! They online co. did let us keep the wrong side escape hatch lid because they didn't want to be hampered w the exchange.:shrug:They did list it wrong.

Thanks,

Dave

--- Update to the previous post...

I tennd to agree with Russ... Like in my days of the ol' Dodge Jamboree I had. I blown several roof vents. But what made matter worse is the base was plastic to so eventually the whole unit should be replaced. Like my current Jayco has steel baes and plastic lids. So I wouls simply measure one of the other lids and order one to match... Or contact the manufacture of the RV and get the specs of the vents.

Yes the base on mine is plastic but seem to be fine for right now.

I did measure the outside vent dimensions but when I gave those it was like I was speaking in Chinese. That's the only lid that I have that it that size.:duh:

Thanks camper guys!:thumb1:

Dave