• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering gear boxes.....

I'm in the market for a new steering gear box. Problem is I can't afford the one I want from Geno's Garage and I need one soon. I have had bad luck with Napa's reman gear boxes so they are also out of the question. So has any one had any luck with Advance or AutoZone gear boxes?

No experience with Auto Zone or Advance Auto steering boxes but I have had my steering box replaced.I don't know what part of the country you are in but out here in the NW we have a tire company that is called Les Schwab. There is one store in particular that I have used for all my front end work (for multiple vehicles) for the last 10-12 years because they have a top notch front end guy.One day when my truck was in for alignment the front end guy said I should be thinking about replacing the steering box because it was getting pretty sloppy. Guess it wasn't that obvious to me as I just live with the normal wander that comes with the Dodge truck.To make a long story short, I had them install a new box (don't know the specific brand) and wow, what a difference in my steering.It's been over two years ago and I am still very happy with it.

I work with the guy who owns this business, I will personally vouch for his integrity. He just took over and bought this business from his father. Give him a call and have a chat with Ryan. here is his web site. I visited with him about doing 4.5 turn to 3.3 turn conversions on our rigs and he said they are no problem at all. I already converted mine to a 3.3 turn a few years ago but it is getting loose so I am going to have him go through it and tighten things back up for me. http://www.bluetopsteeringgears.com/

• Like 1