• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I disappeared for a few weeks for good reason....

MarbleCrusher

Luck just isnt on my side I was in another vehicle accident about 2 weeks ago (that makes 2 within in a year). Broke my left femur and have a rod in it now. Popped the right femur out of the hip socket and they had to perform surgery to get some bone fragments out of the hip socket and put a few screws in it. Also i broke my left wrist. Wish me a speedy recovery, i was almost completely healed from the last one then this happens :mad:Thanks-Jordan-

Pretty good, just stuck at a physical therapy rehab place with a bunch of old people for a few weeks. Pretty bad when your in group rehab with 5 people and your the only one who can stay awake during exercises :lmao:. Thank god we got my xbox hooked up here so i have netflix, theres only 12 channels here lol. I walked a total of 180ft yesterday and hope to be out of here by friday, ive already been here for a week.-Jordan-

• Owner

I am in the country is the sad part, im outside of a little town of 2500 people named Van Alstyne and live on 40acres, im in north north texas, like 30 minutes from oklahoma ha ha -Jordan-

That's a huge town... :duh: I'm outside of Riggins, ID where there is only 300 people. The town is 1 mile long and quarter mile wide... Now that a small town...

• Owner

Ha ha well if you want to get technical my address is labeled in Van Alstyne but the town im actually closest to is Trenton and the pop. there is 750 so thats a little closer :lmao: -Jordan-

I can play that game too... If my mailbox was on the west side of the highway I would have a Pollock, ID address but since its on the east side of the highway I'm a New Meadows, ID address. Pollock is only like 50 population where New Meadows is like 500 or so. I'm so far out in the mountain that the only paved road is the highway (US 95)... But at least out here vehicle vs vehicle accident are some what rare... But vehicle vs. animal is a bit more common but less deadly for the driver... Give you an idea... Speed limit on US 95 pass my house is 65 MPH. I can leave home and set my cruise for 55 MPH and travel all the way to Riggins, ID (15 miles) or New New Meadows, ID (20 miles) and never see another vehicle behind me the entire trip. :thumb1:

• Owner

It's worth it trust me... You might have to drive farther to everything but you bills are less being there is less to get wrapped up with. Like here we have no TV at all and no cell service. So the only bills are power, telephone, and internet which the telephone and internet are one in the same. So basically there is 2 bills here.

I know how the broken femur is, I just broke my left femur also about two months ago. I live out side of town also, it is about 40 miles to the closest town of about 50 and there have been times that I can make the trip and not see another vehicle. Luckily my accident was not vehicle related, but as we where gathering cattle my horse stumbled and went down causing me to hit my leg on a big rock. I feel fortunate that even though I had to spend the night out there, I did lose against the rock as the rock has not moved since I kicked its butt! I only was in the hospital for a few days, a plate and some pins in the leg and three months off work and I should be as good as new. It is a ways to go for physical therapy though, as it is 70 miles to get to Twin Falls. I feel for you having to stay in a rehab place, so I hope that you can get out of there soon.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Quick update, ive been out of the physical therapy rehab place for a while now, still only partial weight bearing on left left leg because the femur break was so bad, full weight bearing on right. Still having to use a walker to get around but weight status should go up on Dec. 30th allowing me to starting using a cane instead.

Heres the ride for a while, still cant climb into the big ole dodge for a while, easy to get into and i almost passed out when i filled the tank up for $40 Im definitely not used to that!!! :lmao:

Posted Image

The poor dodge setting out there getting rained on all alone....

Posted Image

-Jordan-

• Owner

Well sounds like you healing up. But take your time don't rush it! I remember years ago dis-locating my left knee and how long it took to be able to walk without a brace or finally crawl back on the back of a motorcycle. Back in those day I enjoyed riding across Los Angeles, CA on my Honda CB550. Back then I was banished to my 1973 Dodge Charger that was even a trick to slide in and out of with a leg brace.So take it easy... Take your time... Let it heal up right... :thumbup2:

So take it easy... Take your time... Let it heal up right... :thumbup2:

Oh I know that all to well, Ive been through this once before ya know :lol:. The little Nissan isnt so bad just want to be back in a Cummins again! Might buy the Nissan from the guy im boring it from though, it was his wifes fathers and he passed a few years ago and it just sits now. its a 1990 2wd 5spd and its only got 56,000 miles on it! -Jordan-