• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Track bar repair question

$850 for all that and install?? wow talk about twice the price for the same stuff... $200 for the brace here http://www.solidsteel.biz/dss.htm $250 3rd gen trackbar here http://sourceautomotive.biz/1994-2002dodgenon-adjustabletrackbar.aspx $450 for both and install yourself, this pretty much is what im going with. I did find though after replacing my trackbar for the 4th time yesterday that the hole on the axle side is worn wider now causing more movement. I placed a half inch barstock in the pocket behind the end of the trackbar and installed. No more movement. I will eventually rebuild that box with some heavy duty steel and drill the hole out for the new setup. it wont "waller" out anymore after that.

The price of $250 doesn't include the TBK trackbar conversion kit which is another $185.00. From what I see that will be needed so the price goes to $435.As far as the steering stabilizer, I bought one that looks just like the one you sourced from Solidsteel.biz, for $110, (shipping included)on Ebay. Now, this trackbar from Source automotive, is it an adjustable one for the leveling purposes like Jag1 spoke of?

• Staff

The price of $250 doesn't include the TBK trackbar conversion kit which is another $185.00. From what I see that will be needed so the price goes to $435. As far as the steering stabilizer, I bought one that looks just like the one you sourced from Solidsteel.biz, for $110, (shipping included)on Ebay. Now, this trackbar from Source automotive, is it an adjustable one for the leveling purposes like Jag1 spoke of?

Yes the track bar is adjustable for the lift kit and allows the needed adjustment to recenter the front differential. Mine was out of adjustment after the 2'' lift and had vibration at 65mph till I recentered it. I guess parts from Source was around 635.00 and with install was $850.00. I had them do the work. I had the money and I work hard every day already from being a 60 yr old carpenter :tease: . Besides my oem track bar was looser than a goose. Now steers like this:hyper: not this:wow:

Yes the track bar is adjustable for the lift kit and allows the needed adjustment to recenter the front differential. Mine was out of adjustment after the 2'' lift and had vibration at 65mph till I recentered it. I guess parts from Source was around 635.00 and with install was $850.00. I had them do the work. I had the money and I work hard every day already from being a 60 yr old carpenter :tease: . Besides my oem track bar was looser than a goose. Now steers like this:hyper: not this:wow:

well then that worked for ya glad it turned out good!

• 2 weeks later...

I came across an article about a track bar repair called "Luke's Link". It is supposed to rebuild the worn end of the track bar better than stock and be adjustable should it ever loosen up. Cost is $69 at Vulcan Performance. Has anyone tried this? I have a friend who is about to buy a track bar and I thought of telling him about this, but thought I would check to see if anyone has tried it yet.

I rebuilt my trackbar with these about 3 years ago and haven't had any problems ever since.
  • Like 1