• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello,I am new to the site not new to Cummins or diesel but just purchased a 24V truck and need some guidance.The truck is a 2001 HO sixspeed. I just purchased (among MANY other things) a Qaudzilla Adrenaline with the V2 screen. I also am purchasing a FASS setup. I am doing all this from a computer as Im overseas and my trucks are in Texas.I need to know what kind of fitting do I need to run the FASS and the Qaudzilla sender into the VP44. Is it a T-fitting? Anyone with pics or helpful info would be greatly appreciated. I searched on CF but couldn't find a good pic of anyones setup.Thank you in advance,Zack

Are you talking about how to connect the fuel pressure sending unit? I believe the adrenaline would come with most likely a replacement for the banjo bolt with a tapped one for the sending unit. This is what came with my edge This setup isn't ideal because attaching directly to the vp44 this way produces fluctuating readings because of the hammer pressure from the injection pump I almost want to assume that the fass system will come with a fitting option to connect in a sending unit. As mentioned Vulcan definitely will have the right stuff but check to see if the fass system (which will run it's own fuel line and bypass the stock filter straight to the vp44) comes with a tapped fitting --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.773731,-84.595576

• Like 1

I think you can get a T connection from Vulcan which will go inline of the fuel line between the lift pump and vp44. It will have a threaded hole for your sending unit What I have with my big line kit from Vulcan is a tapped 90 degree JIC fitting I'll try take a pic in a little bit --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.773620,-84.595296

Posted Image

This isn't ideal because I still get hammer pressure

People run a grease gun hose and then the sender or a snubber valve to dampen the pressure fluctuations

The fear is that the sending unit will fail but I've been this way over a year and I do know it still tells me low fuel pressure

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.773705,-84.595921

• Owner

Thank you both....

I now see how to do this, I just happen to have a spare grease gun hose I will "utilize".

Thanks again!

Grease gun hose not required. There was a old myth of vibration killing the senders and it not true... Its the water hammer that kills the senders.

He's right that is wrong...

Posted Image

But as even in my setup I'm solid brass and no hose but using a needle valve.

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3405

I am set up like Mike's is except I have no sender, I only have a mechanical gauge. I also have the tapped 90 like cumminapart has but i just capped it and use it to cnnect a test gauge to and to bleed the low pressure system when needed.

• Owner

Im going to set it up like your set up Mike. Cut a tee in the fuel line, needle valve off the tee, spare grease gun hose to my qaudzilla sender. Looks like yours is set up for manual gauge and a sender, no? Thanks for all the help guys.

The only thing that sucks is there is no ground to that fitting so electric gauges don't work this is why I don't suggest the grease gun hose either because there is no ground reference. So if you use the fitting like cumminapart did but put it back at the stock filter housing or at the lift pump (AirDog 100/150) then your good. Just don't want the fuel pressure sender anywhere near the VP44 or damage to the sender will result sooner...

The only thing that sucks is there is no ground to that fitting so electric gauges don't work this is why I don't suggest the grease gun hose either because there is no ground reference. So if you use the fitting like cumminapart did but put it back at the stock filter housing or at the lift pump (AirDog 100/150) then your good. Just don't want the fuel pressure sender anywhere near the VP44 or damage to the sender will result sooner...

I can run a ground to my fitting and ground it out. This won't solve the grounding issue?

• Owner

My sender is the fP1000 sender from quadzilla. I can run a ground to one of my fittings....can do easy, and can't hurt nothing right?

If its a brass or steel fitting you can solder wire right to the fitting but make sure to zip tie the wire too the wire will eventually break free because the solder makes it brittle.