• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

getting frustrated (oil leak)

Anyways I got my truck back a few weeks ago after getting a new block to replace the cracked 53. There was a small oil leak where the stock lift pump bolts to a plate on the side of the block. Fixed that. Then the o ring for the crank sensor was discovered have a leak as well so that was fixed. Got it back from the mech and put a few hundred miles on her and I have now discovered by laying underneath the truck while it was running that I have a leak in the vicinity of the vacume pump. I'll try to get some pics up here tomorrow. I can see oil gathering at the bottom edge of where the vac pump meets the block. :banghead:.

OK. it was leaking from the gasket that goes in between the vacume pump and the timing cover. Yanked the vac pump and the power steering pump of as a unit this afternoon and put it on the bench. just waiting on the rebuild kit from geno's. Anyways while I was taking this mess off I noticed that the bracket that supports the p.s pump to the block was not there? Where can I get another bracket ?Luke

• Staff

With age comes leaks... The only thing on the drivers side of the engine is the cam cover or tappet cover or vacuum pump. http://www.fixinrams.com/id21.html

Hey now Mike, my 92 ctd has some oil on the bottom but no drips. We're talkin' 20 year old truck with over 350 k. I even parked it on a brand new driveway today at a million dollar home :tongue:

• Owner

Hey now Mike, my 92 ctd has some oil on the bottom but no drips. We're talkin' 20 year old truck with over 350 k. I even parked it on a brand new driveway today at a million dollar home :tongue:

Some people are lucky... I must be unlucky to have a friend bring his 92 Dodge down and have it slobber at least a goot pint on the floor of my shop. :stuned: That truck was defiantly not house broke... :lmao::lmao2: Well after getting out my tools and cussin' at it for a good 6 hours I fixed that problem (Tappet Cover Gasket) Some people get lucky and keep the oil leaks to a minimum and other are just a rolling oil well squirting it everywhere... :duh: