• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HELP!! No BUS and gauges quit working

Please help. I was driving home from a nearby town, and my CEL came on, all of my dash gauges quit working and the odometer says "NO BUS". When i got home, I scanned for codes and came up with these:

-P1698 - No CCD, message fom TCM

-P0383 - Generic Grid heater relay

-P1687 - No mechanical instrument cluster BUS message

-P1694 - No CCd message from PCM - Aisin transmission

-P0122 - Low imput throttle position sensor circuit low imput - I replaced the apps 2 months ago with a Timbo unit.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

--- Update to the previous post...

Any chance i have a bad ECM?

• Owner

Please help. I was driving home from a nearby town, and my CEL came on, all of my dash gauges quit working and the odometer says "NO BUS". When i got home, I scanned for codes and came up with these:

-P1698 No Bus Message Received From PCM

-P0383 - Generic Grid heater relay (Unkonwn? Is this correct?)

-P1687 No Cluster Bus Message

-P1694 No Bus Message Received From Companion Module

-P0122 APPS Sensor Signal Voltage Too Low - I replaced the apps 2 months ago with a Timbo unit.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Any chance i have a bad ECM?

Your error code definitions are off slightly... So here is the links to diagnose it... It looks more like a CCD Network problem that a failed ECM / PCM at the moment...

Ok. Dash removed and connections checked and cleaned. Still have the no bus indicator and no gauges.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qi3xsn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read your link with the very helpful tests concerning my codes. Only problem is I don't think that my code reader has a "body" option. I have scanned agin and retrieved only these codes.

P-1698

P-1687

P-1694

These all came up under the Transmission DTC option. None appeared under the Engine DTC option.

Also, I'm still unfamiliar with what CCD is. As well as TCM. Any help or advice?

• Owner

Ok. Dash removed and connections checked and cleaned. Still have the no bus indicator and no gauges.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qi3xsn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read your link with the very helpful tests concerning my codes. Only problem is I don't think that my code reader has a "body" option. I have scanned agin and retrieved only these codes.

P-1698

P-1687

P-1694

These all came up under the Transmission DTC option. None appeared under the Engine DTC option.

Also, I'm still unfamiliar with what CCD is. As well as TCM. Any help or advice?

Here is what I got on CCD networks...

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/34-engine-system/81-ccd-data-bus

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

So I crawled all around under the dad checking connections. Still no good. Read some threads on CF and most referred to the plug in the fuse box with the bolt in it coming loose. Mine will not tighten much. I cleaned and applied dielectric grease and tightened as much as it would grab. Still no luck. I swear I've read as much as I can and traced all wires looking for wear. Checked grounds and connections till I'm nuts. I never say this, but I'm about to give up and take it to someone. --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ytyj0t Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you pulled your dash, and instrument cluster did you check to see if they did the instrument cluster fix?There is a plug on the instrument cluster that is know to fail, and if it does brings the CCD down.The fact your truck works and then doesn't work, makes me suspect that plug.When your gauges are dead do you still have a RPM signal from your instrument cluster?

• Owner

I'm sure you have a CCD network issue.

Bus Failure Visual Symptoms & Diagnosis

The following visible symptoms or customer complaints, alone or in combination, may indicate a CCD data bus failure:

[*] Airbag Indicator Lamp and Malfuntion Indicator Lamp (MIL) Illuminated

[*] Instrument Cluster Gauges (All) Inoperative

[*] No Compass Mini-Trip Computer (CMTC) Operation

Causes...

Bus Failure

The CCD data bus can be monitored using the DRBIII scan tool. However, it is possible for the data bus to pass all tests since the voltage parameters will be in “range“ and false signals are being sent. There are essentially 12 “hard failures“ that can occur with the CCD data bus:

[*] Bus Shorted to Battery

[*] Bus Shorted to 5 Volts

[*] Bus Shorted to Ground

[*] Bus (+) Shorted to Bus (–)

[*]Bus (–) and Bus (+) Open

[*] Bus (+) Open

[*] Bus (–) Open

[*] No Bus Bias

[*] Bus Bias Level Too High

[*] Bus Bias Level Too Low

[*] No Bus Termination

[*] Not Receiving Bus Messages Correctly