• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Amsoil? No Change synthetics?

I've not "changed" my oil in almost 68,000 miles now. I run a MotorGuard TP bypass (sub-micronic filtration) and a Fleetguard Stratopore filter. I change out the TP at 1500-2000 mile intervals and add about 1 quart of "make up" oil. I change the stratopore filter yearly. I run WallyWorld SuperTech 15W40 dino oil also. My last oil analysis came back stellar according to Blackstone.

Wow! That killer results so far there Dorkweed! :thumbsup

Great! I went with the Frantz, like Michael's, hoping to get the same results. I love seeing clean oil everytime I check the dipstick. I'm thinking with my dipstick! :smart Get one of these if you really want to save money in the long run, have clinically clean oil, & run your Cummins for a long time! Just get a by-pass filter. :thumbsup I'm about do for a TP change. What do I need to get again, Scott 1,000 single ply? If I can't find that, what else does a comparable job? Keep up the clean work, Dave

I use Scott 1000 all the time in my MotorGuard. It's the tightly wound single ply that most TP bypass guys use. If you have access to janitorial supplies you can possibly get your hands on "Kimberly Clark" brand of single ply TP. That's what Ralph Wood used to use in all his MotorGuard applications. Ralph is the founder/starter of the MotorGuard TP bypass filter.

In this instance the TP does not break down. It gets held in place by a screen. & probably because it is so tightly packed together. It does not show up in any trace form in all these guys oil analysis. Good enough for me. Besides this is not new, this technology has been around what, for at least 50 years. :confused: Good enough for a man, in the can! (Both situations) :thumbsup Dave

Where does one aquire the motor gaurd? I cant find a supplier on line. I found the Franz site, but the mortor guide looks like a nicer part. Dorkweed-do you have pics of your install, I am curious how the 2 filters are insatlled and mounted. Thanks!

From what I understand, the MotorGuard is no longer available. The MotorGuard was originally designed to filter water out of compressed air for certain industrial applications. Ralph Wood converted them to filter oil in a bypass design. The company that manufactures the basic MotorGuard unit does not want "their" name associated with a "bypass oil" filter. This is even though Ralph Wood was giving them free publicity and advertizing!!!!! :confused: I believe at one point Ralph was selling more MotorGuards as oil bypass's than "MotorGuard" was selling them as water removers!!!!! Crazy!!!! :smart I would highly recommend that you get a Frantz bypass seeing that the MotorGuard is hard to find unless you buy one used.