• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47 re problems

I'm new to the forum and new to dodge automatics, my truck used to surge at light throttle between 1st and second occasionally now it won't shift from first to second under regular acceleration unless you let up on the pedal. If you baby it, it shifts just fine, I just changed the fluid and filter two weeks ago and the output speed sensor last night. I tried to pull codes but there aren't any at all not even pending codes. The APPS was bad when i bought the truck back in January and I replaced it with a genuine Mopar. I am not sure where to go from here any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I put a gov pressure and a transducer in it. Since It didn't work I adjusted the front band and it screwed in really far but still torqued down like it was supposed to. Test drove and still didn't fix it so i took it to the local dodge dealer:banghead: and they told me the front band was broke until I told them I just adjusted it so they changed there mind and told me there was no material left on the band and quoted for a new tranny. I brought the truck home and pulled the tranny now I'm waiting on heavy duty front band, triple disc converter, upgraded clutches, and a shift kit. Upon pulling it out I found a boost valve spring retainer clip broke it is located on the back of the valvebody. Can't wait to get it finished.

I put a gov pressure and a transducer in it. Since It didn't work I adjusted the front band and it screwed in really far but still torqued down like it was supposed to. Test drove and still didn't fix it so i took it to the local dodge dealer:banghead: and they told me the front band was broke until I told them I just adjusted it so they changed there mind and told me there was no material left on the band and quoted for a new tranny. I brought the truck home and pulled the tranny now I'm waiting on heavy duty front band, triple disc converter, upgraded clutches, and a shift kit. Upon pulling it out I found a boost valve spring retainer clip broke it is located on the back of the valvebody. Can't wait to get it finished.

you torqued to 72 inch lbs and then backed off 2 turns correct?